Dirty air ducts may contribute significantly to indoor air pollution. Although studies have yet to conclude how contaminated air ducts actually contribute to health problems, the EPA recommends taking active steps in ensuring indoor air quality in cases wherein family members are experiencing unexplained symptoms or more frequent allergy attacks. A service provider on air duct cleaning in Windsor, CA can perform inspection procedures in air vents so as to conclude whether it needs to be cleaned, leaky parts resealed, or some components replaced.
How to Choose a Service Provider on Air Duct Cleaning in Windsor, CA
Before you choose a company that provides services on air duct cleaning in Windsor, CA, it helps to know ahead of time which qualities are indispensable in a competent and reliable duct cleaning professional. These guidelines are helpful in making sure that you choose a duct cleaning service provider that gives you the best value for your money.
§ Be wary about air duct cleaners who provide unsupported claims about the health benefits of air duct cleaning. This warning comes specifically from the EPA. Moreover, the EPA does not certify any air duct cleaning company. It is the NACDA which sets guidelines necessary in the performance of duct cleaning services.
§ Check with the past customers of the duct cleaning company to see whether they have been satisfied with their air duct cleaning and inspection services.
§ Never permit these cleaners to use chemical substances in cleaning, except if you have full understanding in the use of these treatments.
§ Several states in the country, including California, require for air duct cleaners to hold special licenses. Before hiring any service provider for air duct cleaning or even furnace cleaning, make sure that they carry proper state licenses.
Is Your Air Duct Cleaning Service Provider Reliable Enough?
Since you will be paying for the services of these air duct cleaning professionals, it will be reasonable for you to have a few expectations. Here are a few things you can expect from your air duct cleaning company in Windsor, CA.
§ The air duct cleaner needs to be able to inspect the areas first prior to cleaning. This is done to ensure that the cleaning procedure will not damage the materials used in the construction of the air ducts.
§ The duct cleaning company needs to use proper tools and equipment in vacuuming dirt out of the home as well as in brushing dust out of surfaces.
§ Air duct cleaning professionals need to be able to protect furnishings around the home, such as carpets, during the cleaning procedure.
§ Finally, the set standards by the NADCA or National Air Duct Cleaners Association need to be followed prior, during, and after the air duct cleaning process.
What is Dryer Vent Cleaning and Why You Need to Get This Service
Dryer vent cleaning aims to improve the safety and efficiency of your dryer vent by getting rid of lint build-up inside the ducts. Since dryer lint screen traps only about 75% of lint deposits, the remaining 25% usually gets accumulated within the vents. While these lint deposits adversely affect dryer efficiency, it can also cause fire risks. As a matter of fact, thousands of fires resulting from lint build-up are reported year after year in the United States. By getting routine vent cleaning services, dryer efficiency is maintained and one proven cause of home fires prevented.
Maintaining indoor air quality helps to improve environmental health within the home. In the same way, cleaning the dryer and dryer vents contributes to an efficiently functioning dryer, while minimizing risks on house fires. By getting services for air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning in Windsor, CA, you are making your home a safer and more comfortable place for everyone, your family most important of all.